Children's Parties In The 1960s

I look back very fondly to parties I went to of my school friends in the 1960s. Today it seems to have become big business organising a children's party, with themes, events and a fortune spent. I wonder if today's children would enjoy the parties I used to go to? I think they probably would it's just they have come to expect more. We would play games, Pin The Tail On The Donkey, Musical Chairs, Pass The Parcel and Blind Man's Buff. It was just fun being with your friends out of school and seeing their houses really. It all seemed so different and exciting. I bought these old slides at a car boot and they really make me remember the feel of those party days.

1960s Children's Party Guests
1960s Children's Party Guests

Then there was the fun of the party tea.

1960s Children's Tea Party
1960s Children's Tea Party

And blowing out the candles.

Blowing Out The Candles At A 1960s Children's Party
Blowing Out The Candles At A 1960s Children's Party

I remember one party I went to where my friend's Mum had a 1960s Dansette record player which she played singles popular at the time on and we all danced, including her Mum. One we wanted over and over again as we danced and sang along was the theme from The Monkees TV programme which was very popular at the time. It was one of my favourite parties as instead of a party bag we were given a little Polish wooden doll as we left. I can't hear The Monkees theme tune without remembering that day and smiling.



No comments:

Post a Comment