Fairylite Vintage Egg Cups

In the 1960s I used to have a Noddy wooden egg cup which I loved and often wondered what had happened to it. A while ago I asked my Mum and Dad if they still had him but despite a thorough search he was no where to be found. They did however find these other two wooden egg cups from the same time made by Fairylite which I also remember well. I’m not sure if they were based on characters, but although one is a bit battered they are both very nostalgic for me.

Fairylite Vintage Wooden Egg Cups
Fairylite Vintage Wooden Egg Cups

Coincidentally a few months after me bringing these two egg cups home I was at a car boot sale and found the Fairylite Noddy egg cup for £1.


Noddy Fairylite Eggcup
Noddy Fairylite Eggcup

I have been doing some research on the Fairylite company and have found they started around the 1930s producing metal and plastic toys in England. They then seemed to have progressed to importing many of their toys from places like Hong Kong including dolls and dolls houses. By the 1960s they were producing Fairylite Thunderbird dolls which are very sort after today.  They seemed to have produced many different egg cup designs in the 1950s and 60s, so many I am amazed I don’t find more when I am out and about. I shall definitely be keeping my eyes open in the future, poor Noddy needs to be reunited with Big Ears!


No comments:

Post a Comment