A Very Desirable 1950s Residence

When I was little my sister had a lovely dolls house our Dad made for her. It had electric lights, a little bathroom, a kitchen and even a little toy 1960s television in the living room. We would play with it for hours. I remember when I was 10 years old and in the top class of primary school, two of us would have to go to the kindergarten class to look after the little ones on our own when it was wet play. (Yes really!). It was such fun we did what we wanted. I would spend the whole hour sitting down on the rugs with the little girls playing with the dolls house. It was enormous and such fun, they hardly got a look in! Our dolls house is long gone sadly, though I have some bits of furniture given to my daughters to play with when they were little. 
  I have been looking for a replacement for a long time without success until I found this one at an auction. We went to pick it up today and I couldn't be more pleased.

1950s Dolls House
1950s Dolls House

I had bought it to do it up and then sell it on but now I have got it home it is so lovely I'm not sure I want to. All the metal windows and door are intact with a little number 9 next to the front door.

Inside Of 1950s Dolls House
Inside Of 1950s Dolls House

The original 1950s heavy embossed wallpaper is still on the walls in perfect condition. The floor has a covering that has been made to look like 1950s lino. When you look through the front door you just want to walk up the stairs. I feel as if I have moved house as I keep thinking where I could put the furniture.  This evening I feel like a child again!

No comments:

Post a Comment