Brownies In The 1960s

I never wanted to be a Brownie when I was a child, I didn't really fancy going somewhere else after school that was regimented and I thought would be strict. The one thing I did really envy about Brownies though was their uniforms. They always looked so smart and the badges appealed so much to the collector in me. I found this photo at a car boot sale of three little 1960s Brownies. They look so sweet. 

1960s Brownies
1960s Brownies

The closest I ever got to a Brownie uniform was dressing my Amanda Jane doll in her little uniform and pretending she was at Brownies.  While I was at a car boot sale last year I bought this Burbank doll in a Brownie Uniform from the 1960s. After all these years I still think the she looks very smart.

Burbank 1960s Brownie Doll
Burbank 1960s Brownie Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment